Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Citrix install

Ok so I recently installed Citrix client on my Ubuntu hardy heron box. I downloaded the tar.gz from the Citrix site and ran the install script. I went to launch citrix , which by the way put icons in my app > internet menu :-), and it didn't launch........ Wtf..... I navigated to. /usr/lib/ICAClient and ran citrix connection manager, it told me I was missing something, ibmotiff3 I apt-get install the missing package and we were up and running, when I attempted to launch a program on a citrix app server (note desktop worked fine). I received an error message about not having access to. /home/user/.ICAClient/??.ini. So I ran terminal and can chmod 777 ??.ini. And launched the citrix app again.... We have joy!!! My citrix was running as expected.... Turn out when I installed citrix I did it as root. Buy running script with the sudo..... This was were I went wrong, the folders created in my home folder belonged to root, not me.... Oooppppss!!! But now I know better for next time. Any. My friend David also runs ubuntu 7.10 gutsy. He was trying to launch citrix web apps from his schools online lab site, he was getting an error about Equifax certificate... After looking around for a bit and making sure fire fox had this cert enabled and installed I got frustrated and ran to Google for some answers , I found on the ubuntu forums that. Citrix holds its own cert in the /lib/usr/icaclients folder...so I checked and didn't see an Equifax cert file..... Hmmm what to do..... Back 2 Google I go.... After a few min. Of searching I found the Equifax site and it was hosting a bunch of cert files. I needed the Equifax ca cert file, I downloaded them and moved them the proper folder under /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/Equifax_Secure_Certificate_Authority.crt. I think.... After that I Re-launched the citrix app page. And. Ohhh joy, it worked..... It felt good, like I am really starting to understand an intelligently resolve issues with Linux. ..... And now Dave can do his skewl work on his laptop, further decreasing his need for a windows so .... Next step for him is getting ms office 07 installed under wineHopefully my next post will be about how I solved a problem with running an app called virtual do for my friend Denver, it installs under wine, but is slow and the audio is choppy, I had the same problems with fl studio for myself and some tweaking of the audio driver settings resolved most of the issues... I plan on tackling the virtual dj issue sometime this week. Hopefully I can report back with some positive result.

No comments: